Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scrapbook2


I found this footprint outside of the library. It was on the side of the library near St. John's pond right near the wall. There was some soft sand there from the recent rain and someone must have stepped in it. What drew my attention to it was the fact that it was something man made in an area of grass and sand that was natural. It stood out from the otherwise smooth land. It also made me wonder who was walking there? Why were they walking there? Footprints, I feel like, are regarded as something that is only temporary. Usually you see footprints at the beach and they are more profound by the waters edge. They are there and suddenly gone as a wave goes rushing over them. The footprint I found is out of reach of such waves but I am sure it will disappear with the next rain. It made me think of how all of us are like footprints in the world today. Here for a moment, some more fleeting than others, and gone until another footprint takes its place. I feel it is not art because there was real no artistic purpose put forth in its creation. Someone just so happened step in that exact place.

No comments:

Post a Comment