Friday, March 13, 2009

Scrapbook9


The object I found is a piece of plastic construction fencing. I found it near Goodpaster where there was previously alot of construction. It was lying in the dirt half in, half out. It caught my eye because of the contrasting color as well as the curiosity I had regarding what type of trash it was. I found it hard to decipher what it was until I pryed it out of the ground. It is supposed to keep people out of construction zones but I don't see how something that soft and weak could handle that job. The orange does provoke a feeling of danger or caution. I don't see it as art due to the fact it was used to fence off a construction site and accidently was ripped and left in the dirt. A person did not put it there in an artistic expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment