Friday, March 13, 2009

Scrapbook8


I found this starbucks cap near the path by St. John's Pond. It was maybe an inch off of the brick path. It caught my eye because it was face up and stuck in the mud so it was almost level with the rest of the ground. I had to pry it out in order to examine it further. It stood out because it was a metal object in an otherwise natural space. It must have been discarded there when someone had finished their frappucino. It enters into that sphere where you can now find modern commodities everywhere. Starbucks is such a huge part of American culture that it is even found embedded in the dirt in a small campus in the middle of no where. It is definitley not art because it doesn't really take us away from the real world and let our mind wander but instead it probably reminds someone that, "OH! I havent had my coffee yet today."

No comments:

Post a Comment