Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scrapbook4


I found this area of a missing brick on the back steps of Dorch. It is to the very right on the top step. It caught my eye as well as my foot. Something is supposed to be there and logic would tell the person a brick would be the ideal choice. As I was walking up the steps I realized something was out of place. I am not sure what happened to the brick that once filled that vacancy. Bricks tend to be a symbol of strength. A person might say, "that person is built like a brick" or they might tell a goalie that they are a "brick wall." But when a brick is missing it feels like the integrity of the object of which it was apart of is compromised. I feel it is not art because there was no real artistic intention. The brick probably broke loose from being old and having to withstand the elements. It just naturally happened or someone might have helped it along in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment