Friday, March 13, 2009

Scrapbook6

I found these metal covers over a manhole near the library. They were resting over the hole obviously to cover for the missing manhole cap. One is a turquoise color and one is red. It drew my attention because I saw these color sheets of metal just laying in the grass and I wondered why they were there and how they got there. The fact they are covering a manhole intriqued me because I dont feel they are as safe as a regular manhole cover. The colors and just the shape in general caught my eye. The more I thought about it the more i realized that it made me think about how people are like those covers. Squares trying to cover a circular area. It reminds me we all don't exactly fit the mold society wants us to but we still serve a purpose. I don't really feel it is art because it is just there for protection. It was never meant to really have an artistic meaning to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment