Thursday, May 7, 2009

scrapbook13


I plucked this dandilion from a patch outside of the library. It caught my eye because having gone all winter without any color on the ground made my eyes awfully sensitive to even a hint of a bright color. So seeing a patch of them overwhelmed my senses. Its bright yellow petals seem to cheer people up when they come across some. Dandilions are apart of everyones lives even if for only a couple months at a time. Many people battle with dandilions from taking over their yard in the summer months but yet they are welcomed after winter because then we know summer is just around the corner. We learn about dandilions from the time we can walk and they seem to always be there. I don't see dandilions by themselves as art. Yes, they are good looking but there is nothing artistic about them. It is a weed and weeds don't exactly have a good wrap. If a person is to paint a dandilion or take some dandilions and arrange them in some artistic way then I would consider them art.

No comments:

Post a Comment