Thursday, May 7, 2009

Scrapbook14


I found this helicopter leaf on the path when I was walking back to my dorm. It caught my eye because I haven't seen many of them especially this late into spring. Its odd shape makes it stand out from a lot of the regular shapes. I used to love helicopter leaves because they would fall from the trees spinning round and round. It was fun to run around and try to catch them. I think its neat that nature gave the seed a way of getting to the ground without falling hard. Everyone knows what a helicopter leaf is and even though the older people may not be too interested they still remember a time when they used to romp around chasing these leaves. I don't consider it art because it there was no artistic thought put into it. It is just the way the plant adapted to survive. There is no medium for which us to see it as art.

No comments:

Post a Comment