Thursday, May 7, 2009

scrapbook20


I found this Smarties wrapper near a trash can outside of the Campus Center. It caught my eye because of the fact it was laying next to the trash can and not in it. I was also attracted to the colors with which it was adorned. And I thought back to the last time I had enjoyed a Smartie. It is a classic childhood treat. Colorful and sweet, they were attractive to little children. This candy was given out to little kids on halloween or were bought inline at the grocery store. Everyone knows what Smarties are and can appreciate the treat. I do not see the wrapper as art because it does not invoke any sort of feeling upon seeing it. We only know what to associate with the wrapper and that is the delicious treats inside. I feel art has to have a deeper meaning or invoke some sort of feeling inside oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment