Thursday, May 7, 2009

scrapbook15


I found this odd looking woodchunk in my hallway in Dorchester. It stood out because obviously it had no business being in the hallway. It was a brown mass against a white floor and was easy to notice. it almost reminded me of a walnut shell but I think it is a piece of mulch. This piece may not have been significant to anything but it is funny to think of how the shape of something can draw your attention. We see wood all the time but if it is carved into something or is just naturally bent in some wierd way it attracts our gaze. This piece was in a peculiar shape for wood but the fact it was indoors is really what got me too take interest in it. I kept thinking how it had gotten there and who or what may have put it there. I don't consider it art because I feel it just happened to end up like that and there was no real concious effort to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment